[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 17:55:19 PST 2011

Practically speaking? Less than you might think. Of course, it depends on the institution. My guess would be that if you submit an app to, say, Oberlin with a 1000 SAT, they won't look at you twice. At other places, however, you look like gold, because you help with their 25-75 numbers on test scores, which helps them to appear selective (together with official "selectivity" numbers, which, again IME, are self-reported and totally rigged).