[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:37:47 PST 2011

Miles Jackson How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

> That's absolutely true. The best predictors of school outcome are
> income & poverty. But isn't that something to be outraged about
> instead of making excuses for?
>
> Doug

Well, it reframes the outrage. The problem we need to focus on is poverty, not the school system.

Miles

Wojtek S

[WS:] Was not the school system - or rather education - supposed to be the solution of poverty? And as such, did not it fail rather miserably?

^^^^^^^^ CB: There was a War on Poverty. Poverty won. Reagan replaced it with The War on "Drugs" which was really a war on the poor