[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Israel's Facebook status

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 31 13:49:22 PST 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> it means that US, Israel, the EU have no idea what they're doing.

Didn't the Wikileaks reveal that the U.S. does know what it's doing? For example, Achcar noted that the U.S. embassy in Tunisia had a pretty analysis of the domestic political situation. I haven't read huge gobs of the material, but the analysis seems pretty sophisticated to me. I suppose you could do worse than assume that Washington mostly knows what it's doing, as appalling as that can be.

Doug