[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Israel's Facebook status

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jan 31 16:39:47 PST 2011

Just as the DP leadership over the years have known what they were doing, despite the moans of left liberals that they didn't. The claim that the U.S. does not know what it is doing is exactly the same as the claims of liberals in the '60s that the Vietnam War was and "aberration."

Carrol

C. G. Estabrook: That's an important point, and it generalizes.

On 1/31/11 3:49 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:
>
>> it means that US, Israel, the EU have no idea what they're doing.
> Didn't the Wikileaks reveal that the U.S. does know what it's doing? For
example, Achcar noted that the U.S. embassy in Tunisia had a pretty analysis of the domestic political situation. I haven't read huge gobs of the material, but the analysis seems pretty sophisticated to me. I suppose you could do worse than assume that Washington mostly knows what it's doing, as appalling as that can be.