[lbo-talk] Case against Strauss-Kahn near collapse: report | Reuters

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 00:09:18 PDT 2011

On 1 July 2011 04:43, Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

> The prosecutors say they don't believe anything she says.  But AFAICT, they
> offer no evidence here anything she said about the incident is wrong.
>
> I think they're just afraid she'll get savaged on the stand and in the press
> for her associations.

The AP has this:

"But according to the law enforcement official, prosecutors now believe Strauss-Kahn's accuser lied about various details on her application for asylum in the U.S., including saying she had been raped in her native Guinea — a claim she repeated and then recanted during the investigation, the official said.

"She actually recounted the entire story to prosecutors and later said it was false," the official said.

Prosecutors also believe some of her account of her activities in the hours surrounding the alleged attack wasn't true, though they haven't necessarily reached a new conclusion about the incident itself, the official said."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7635242.html