[lbo-talk] Case against Strauss-Kahn near collapse: report | Reuters

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Jul 1 05:46:11 PDT 2011

On Jul 1, 2011, at 2:59 AM, Somebody Somebody wrote:
> Somebody: But then again, we never had much more than this. Whether this turns out to be a spurious story or not, I was never comfortable with how some folks were gleefully assuming Strauss-Kahn's guilt basically because of who he was. So, the head of the IMF is accused of rape... so he must be guilty, as a kind of retribution for structural adjustment programs imposed upon the global south.

Perhaps you are assuming the “so he must be guilty” part. I rejoiced with others because of the divine retribution for structural adjustment programs imposed upon the global south. An IMF tool, the chief tool, whatever his reformist nods, going to jail, for whatever reason or non-reason, is an occasion for glee, no?

—ravi