[lbo-talk] July 1

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:52:17 PDT 2011

Ha! Our friends outside Canada would have to have been exposed to Don Cherry to appreciate this vid. He's the colour commentator on CBC Hockey Night in Canada telecasts. Colour him redneck. He devotes each between period segment to praising "our boys" in Afghanistan when he isn't defending hockey violence and dissing European and Quebecois hockey players as wusses. Quebecers and more liberal-minded hockey fans have campaigned for Cherry's removal for years, but he has a mass following in the sports bars.