[lbo-talk] Mike Whitney essay

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Jul 1 18:54:06 PDT 2011

So, why aren't businesses investing?

Because working people are underwater on their mortgages, maxed out on their credit cards, and overdue on their bills. There's no reason to build more capacity when consumers are struggling just to stay afloat. But that creates a big problem for the economy, because new investment is crucial to keeping things running smoothly.

http://counterpunch.org/whitney07012011.html

This is a good sum up of the big disaster racket. My main argument with the essay is that it soft sells the outright theft by the finance sector. I was watching some video news on Athens yesterday and then a big demo in London today. Does any of this get into the US mainstream media?

I just shake my head at what's happening in the world beyond. From the Arab revolutions, to the Athens and London riots.

All this is just an amazing to watch in creepy motion. I tried to describe this feeling once. I called it, when the wolf is at the door. I suppose most USers don't get it yet. Our government, already broken is serving us up to our mortal enemies, just like the IMF. A lot of the people in Greece seem to understand.