[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"??

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Jul 2 17:54:55 PDT 2011

On Jul 2, 2011, at 4:08 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
> I'd venture McMurtry grew up in a more refined and urbane environment than a lot of people here, including myself. His father's a novelist and Stanford grad, his mother an English prof, and he himself went to the same private school in Virginia that one of Dubya's brothers attended. I don't think he's had his hand up many ewe's asses either.

But you have them beat with the idea that the young of the animal phylum (is it a phylum?) issue forth from the ass :-).

I on the other hand, have helped an animal give birth. At least, I held her hand - and argued with the nurse that no, “Beautiful Boy” is sweet and all but the no-talent who sang it first is not Celine Dion but John Lennon - while she gave birth.

—ravi, ducking, running… nothing like a rankled urban mob :-)