[lbo-talk] p.s. to my last post

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Jul 2 20:27:37 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 22:19:35 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2011, at 9:44 AM, James Heartfield wrote:

> > State education has consistently encouraged working-class children to accept their lot in life.
>
> Depends on where you are. In the U.S., it does. In other countries,
> it seems to lessen, not intensify, class differences.

What countries are those? Not a combative or rhetorical question -- I really want to know.

> But what's your alternative? Child labor?

Surely there imaginable alternatives other than that. Isn't imagining alternatives a big part of what we're all about?

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com