[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"??

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Jul 3 20:26:53 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "// ravi" <ravi at platosbeard.org>

"Why not “healthy” norm or better “aligned" behaviour, since the word ‘nature’ seems quite overloaded."

Because then we'd still have to say "aligned with what?"

...and healthy implies wholeness.

I understand that we must be careful about what we ascribe to nature. But we cannot give up the understanding that we have become alienated from nature and that this alienation also exacts a price....of false consciousness....of believing that we are alone, of believing that everything must be owned, of ignorance of interdependence, of the inability to be silent or still.

Joanna