[lbo-talk] James McMurtry - "We can't make it here"??

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sun Jul 3 21:31:29 PDT 2011

Earthquakes don't care. Forest fires don't care, mitochondrial myopathies in our own brains don't care; even as we're utterly [inter]dependent on/with these systems we hardly understand.

"Silence does not exist." [John Cage]

Ian

This indifferent system of relations, forces, networks of cause and effect, evolution, and generally non-rational systems of mass and energy and relational processes ... now has the self-reflective mind of itself.

How is that even possible? How can the universe create beings that think about the universe?

Fuck if I know, but here we are.

CG