[lbo-talk] Hitchens opposes Flotilla

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 08:05:11 PDT 2011

I thought there was a distinction between supporting the Palestinian people and supporting the governments they are living under? At least, that's the distinction I've made in supporting the flotilla. My guess is that Alice Walker and most of the people on "The Audacity of Hope" make that distinction as well.

The flotilla is in shambles at the moment and these remarks of Hitchens have a "hit them when they're down nastiness" to them. That said, I don't cross myself three times every time I see the name Hitchens. I still enjoy reading him and I wish he would have made these remarks before the flotilla sailed. He had plenty of time to do so. And then his question as to whether the Arab Spring has changed business as usual for the Palestine solidarity movement might have had a tiny bit less of bad faith to it.

fm