[lbo-talk] Response to MG -- Was Poll....

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:19:06 PDT 2011

lbo83235

Carrol Cox wrote:

Take issue with his pissiness all you want, but, revolutionarily speaking, Carrol is a fucking saint. This is why I took issue with the pettiness of Marv's misfired message. Carrol is frequently pissy - sometimes viciously and even unnecessarily so - but on balance he's almost transcendentally self-aware and self-exceeding, and I've never seen him take a gratuitous cheap shot at anyone - on- or off-list. You guys just have way too many chips to recognise what an incredible source of wisdom and insight you have in Prof Cox. You're all still trying to be *right* - rather than trying to create the concrete conditions for the possibility of a non-barbarous future.

^^^^^ CB: Giggles. I've been on this group of lists with Carrol since 1998. We've been through a lot of email list shit together, and I consider him a friend. I myself am not really a target of his pissiness much. However, I have concluded after reading I guess it at least hundreds of of his posts that his political theory is not at all wise or insightful. It is ultra-left confusion, and he confuses a lot of people here. He poses as a Marxist, but his basic approach is not Marxist. He contradicts major principles of Marx all the while suggesting that he is a advocating Marxism. I could get to specifics if you want to do that. Transcendentally self-aware and self-exceeding ! giggles !