[lbo-talk] A break in the wars

Mitchel Cohen mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 9 16:19:08 PDT 2011

Folks on this list may not care, but CONGRATULATIONS TO DEREK JETER for not only getting his 3,000 hit lifetime, but going 5 for 5 today, including a home run, a double, and the game winning hit.

AND, the kid who caught Derek's home run -- didn't want money (could have had a small fortune), didn't want anything but to give Derek the ball in person and meet him. (There IS grace in this world.)

And so, for a moment, there are no wars, no nuke disasters, no prisons, no bad things happening anywhere.

Yip yip yip yippieeeeee!

(Disclosure: I've been a die-hard Yankee fan for the last 54 years, since the Giants (and my hero, Willie Mays) moved out of New York ....)

Mitchel

http://www.MitchelCohen.com

Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. ~ Leonard Cohen