[lbo-talk] Wikipedia

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:32:59 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> But the article on "cool" is actually pretty good. And if you want a list of all the subgenres of metal.

Hey, you're right. I like the timeline infographic. It's disappointing that the twain never does meet between Boston Brahmin sangfroid and the Yoruba/Ibo concept of itutu.

Meanwhile, I just stumbled on this masterpiece of user-generated content:

By George Weir

This review is from: Introduction to Mathematical Statistics (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) (Hardcover)

I knew this book's name from Bibiography for an Encyclopeadia Britannica (1993 edition) article Statistics. I have not read the book yet. I gave it a neutral rating (3 stars) since I assume the book at least is not a poor one. (Very likely it deserv a 4 or 5 star rating after I read it).

http://www.amazon.com/review/R28G8O6P4D39H2/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0471890456&nodeID=283155&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful