[lbo-talk] Me, on the Aborigines' Protection Society, 1836-1909, this Thursday, Brighton, England

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 22:15:02 PDT 2011

Joe, Mike – thanks for the interest. I would love to get to America (and Canada, I have a chapter on Canada and Louis Riel’s rebellion) Australia and New Zealand, to talk about the Aborigines’ Protection Society book, but as yet have no funds for it. I am definitely interested in invitations, especially from colleges, as I could use those to make a case for funding here.

In the meantime, Bhaskar has got me to write up a piece for the next Jacobin outlining the argument, and you can get the book here from 22 July, and in the US from October. Will see about videoing...