[lbo-talk] Krugman: "The question then is why."

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 11:46:32 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek S" <wsoko52 at gmail.com>

[WS:] With all due respect, I think you are fooling yourself. O won (by a relatively small margin) mainly because the economy went south prior to the elections, and in a typical fashion, "da people" wanted to punish the party in power that according to American mythology is solely responsible for the economy. His "progressive" image might have had an appeal to a small fraction of die hard liberals, but not to the population at large. AFAICT, most professional people are neo-liberal at heart, and most working class is fairly conservative. ___________________________________

Woj, this is a deeply racist country. You're telling me they elected a black man president because he was more republican than the republicans?

I don't think so. They wanted a change. To the left. And were willing to vote for black man to get it.

Joanna