[lbo-talk] Krugman: "The question then is why."

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:57:31 PDT 2011

Doug: "You may be giving voters too much credit. Three-quarters of Bush voters in 2004 thought he supported the Kyoto protocol. They voted for Obama because he was not-Bush, and to a lesser extent because McCain was an annoying asshole."

[WS:] Yup. This pretty much explains it all. I do not think most voters paid any attention to the so called "issues," and if they did, they heard what they wanted to hear. I went to an Obama rally in Baltimore with some liberal friends of mine. They were quite impressed by his "program" and when I pointed out that it was quite Republican (e.g. his health care reform) they thought I was a malcontent.

Wojtek