[lbo-talk] Krugman: "The question then is why."

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 13 17:01:33 PDT 2011

This is playground morality, contemptible in an adult: "Ha! Ha! You elected me because I seemed more anti-war than my opponent, but I never really promised anything!"

And he is in fact on record as speaking in favor of single-payer but recognizing like Hillary that it was "politically impossible": i.e., a majority could be mustered for it, but it wouldn't profit the rich as much as Obamacare.

He 's truly scum; and a murderer as well. We can hope that he'll be driven from office, as he probably will be. We should work to see that his defeat is understood as a rejection of his economic and military policies.