[lbo-talk] Krugman: "The question then is why."

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 18:16:15 PDT 2011

ravi - "Occam?s razor says: Obama is a triangulating neo-liberal."

This seems to me the only explanation offered that does not boil down to the claim to read Obama's mind. I really can't quite understand the urge of so many to reject the simple hypothesis that a president's acts may reflect his actual intention.

Carrol
But doesn't this cast his actions as some sort of character flaw or personality and how is that better. I would posit that it has more to do with the structural forces of running the largest capitalist state during a time when the balance of class forces is completely one sided. It has nothing to do with personalities or this one man. It is a function of the particular conjuncture of US capitalism and it portends that we are in deep shit.

Brad