[lbo-talk] Social production and irrational appropriation

Evergreen Readers and Writers editor at evergreenreaders.com
Wed Jul 13 17:56:32 PDT 2011

Joanna: "But the initial political context for this administration was huge/unprecedented grass-roots support that elected a Obama despite his race and inexperience. That support was based on certain promises O made during the campaign. "

Grass-root support or at least grass-root silent or open consent is there with every regime in the world--whatever its form, savage dictatorship/democracy or whatever. "Election is the process by which people elect the people that shall exploit them for a particular period of time.", something like that has been clarified by Marx long ago.

To expect any change in the capitalist system and to expect that any US president will not polish the shoes of monopoly bourgeoisie class, upon whom his/her life depends every minute, is living with the bliss of ignorance.

Capitalist class or any other class for that matter, doesn't choose to be wicked and get rotten and rabid--its own life, its life's demands drive it to all these things. It has no choice. It has no control over itself. It knows the ruthlessness with which one troupe of chimpanzees schemes against, attacks and devours the other.

Bourgeoisies class has a system for itself. And there is no way for any president to create any major change in it. If anybody tries any constitutional reform against the will or demands or needs of the monopoly bourgeoisie class, he will be slain within no time by the CIA or police or army or by any other secret agency. Or he will at least be ousted from power on one or the other pretext or manufactured scandal.

Bourgeoisie even know how to drive any president or prime minister mad.

However, when bourgeoisie class feels threatened by the working class organizations, when it understands that if it will not make any concession to the working class, there might be a revolution that will completely change the relations of production and reproduction, distribution and appropriation, the shrewd and intelligent elements in it, measure the pulse of the time and push for reforms.

Bourgeoisie is always holding thousands of microscopes and telescopes fixed on various scales showing the fluctuations in the balance of forces and power (class power).

Working class in USA or any other country of the world is in deep sleep. It has lost its perspective. Working class, petit bourgeoisie class, farmers and peasants, and of course all the higher classes--vast majority of them--can imagine nothing except the world where money and capital shall prevail and where means of production and social products shall be owned privately by some individuals--and not by the entire humanity. For example, nobody in the world tells the people, and none of the employees in any institution (Bill Gates institution, for example) can understand that the institution belongs not to any particular person but all humanity, because no institution has been produced from thin air--everything is a social product that incorporates within itself the toil of several generations of people that have everyday eaten food produced by the farmers. And agriculture itself is a social product of thousands of years of social toil, experiments and research. Most of the US people, from beggars to Nobel prize winners, will blush crimson if I declare that a brick or two (in the White House where US president lives) belongs to me and my forefather--because we have purchased several South Korean products, and with that profit from that sale, South Korean regimes purchased armaments from the USA--and US government got tax from that arms sale. My contribution reached there for the welfare of the White House.

If we go ahead to explain the system, we have no choice but to come to the conclusion that everybody in the world has equal shares in world's every enterprise. That is, we have social production--world's riches, know-how, knowledge and everything created by humanity is a social product. The people living in the space lab are there because there are farmers to feed them--if there are no farmers, the space scientist will have to be reduced to a farmer, he shall have to produce his own food--space research will go to dogs. And if any sports' person consumes the (worth of) yearly produce of ten million agricultural workers, he has been made into a monster, not a human being.

But in order to realize social production as social, and render it into social appropriation as well--the world must be united. The working class shall have to emancipate itself to shun all nationalist, regionalist, communal, and other attributes of narrow-mindedness. The working call shall have to emancipate itself educationally, culturally and politically before it can emancipate itself and all humanity economically and socially as well.

International working class fraternity is necessary for the emancipation of humanity.

Workers of all counties, UNITE! You have nothing to lose but chains, and you have the world to win!

Zihannasheen