[lbo-talk] Krugman: "The question then is why."

Joshua Morey amvojo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 09:43:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...As I see it, the intellectual poverty of the left wing discourse lies
> in its unidimensional economic determinism and populism

There are myriad leftists and Marxists who betray your caricature. It seems impossible to read EP Thompson, Raymond Williams, Bryan David Palmer, Aijaz Ahmad, Adolph Reed, Jr, (as well as people on this list - or even the list itself!) etc etc etc and conclude (whatever else you might think of them) that they subscribe to a "unidimensional economic determinism" system of thought.

> ...and monistic systems of thought reducing all the world's
> diversity into a single cause or force.

But isn't that what you just did to leftists and Marxists?

best wishes, Joshua