[lbo-talk] pink-scare: commentary on our editors' note

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 16 19:39:15 PDT 2011

On 7/16/2011 9:13 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
> At 07:02 PM 7/16/2011, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>> There is no conceivable way I could find any text on that web site.
>> The screen becomes totally unmanageable as soon as I expand the font
>> to a size I can read.
>>
>> My vision has plunged to new lows in the last month or so, but this
>> web site wouldhave been impossible for me even a year ago.
>

> Did you just wake up?

Nope. I'm wide awake.I've just nearly given up on websites unless I feel it contains vital information, or is mostly pure text, reachable with a button on the left margin of the screen.

To give you an idea, in the first line above, all text to the right of "awake" is off the screen to the right. And I haven't expanded this text quite as greatly as I usually do.

Most parts of most web sites are off the screen after such enlargement, and when one moves the screen, it goes wild.

Carrol