[lbo-talk] pink-scare: commentary on our editors' note

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 16 20:13:38 PDT 2011

On 7/16/2011 9:59 PM, SA wrote:
> On 7/16/2011 10:39 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>> Nope. I'm wide awake.I've just nearly given up on websites unless I
>> feel it contains vital information, or is mostly pure text, reachable
>> with a button on the left margin of the screen.
>>
>> To give you an idea, in the first line above, all text to the right of
>> "awake" is off the screen to the right. And I haven't expanded this
>> text quite as greatly as I usually do.
>>
>> Most parts of most web sites are off the screen after such
>> enlargement, and when one moves the screen, it goes wild.
>
> You don't need to enlarge the text, do you? Just use the "magnifying
> glass" feature of your ZoomText.
>
> SA

That's what I use to enlarge everything. I'm working with a spot magnifier but haven't quite got the swing of it yet. I've worked out a word screen (font, typeface, view) that allows me to get a minimally decent amount of text on the screen, and a set of steps to get the text from a web site or post to Word, and that is where I usually do bot h my reading and my writing. I'm answering this post directly, and after a few lines I'm having difficulty controlling this screen and am not watching now what I'm typing. To go on would require shifting to a Word file.

Carrol