[lbo-talk] Reading busy or poorly designed sites

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 16 20:25:52 PDT 2011

The problem is not reading the text after I find it (or after I separate it from sidebars. We experimented with those programs when you mentioned them, and they pretty much duplicated the functions of ZoomText. There are in fact many ways of getting text large enough and clear enough to read. I haven't yet found a way to control the screen, or to find objects (buttons, etc) hidden off the screen. I succeeded earlier today on one blog, but it's always iffy. And as with my preceding post, I'm having to write this with most of what I'm writing invisible. Only in a Word file can I avoid that problem. I tried a new key board recently (one specially made for ZoomText, and you may have noticed the many typos. I had to go back to my ancient Northgate keyboard. I still have to be careful, but I've been a good touch typist for decades, and in another week or so should be again comfortable with this keyboard and the typos should go down close to zero. If I pause, however, when not using Word, it can be a fucking mess to find out where I was! Expanded screens just jump. Even one's own.

Carrol