[lbo-talk] NATO's debacle in Libya

dperrin at comcast.net dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 12:03:36 PDT 2011

Wojtek:

"Whether WW2 was an inevitable clash of imperial powers was of zero significance to people in the forests or concentration camps listening with hope to the approaching artillery, tanks and aircraft made in the US or the UK. "

And the Soviet Union.

Yes, present day is connected to history. The Civil War remains with us. It shouldn't define modern attitudes, though it sadly does.

Imperial war affects numerous people in varied ways. It can liberate, it can imprison, and in many cases it destroys. Depends where you are when the bombs hit.

If you or DR think that NATO's bombing is connected to WW2, I won't argue the point. Like I said, WW2 is the classic go-to.

Dennis