[lbo-talk] Gerhard Hanloser Critique of Moishe Postone on Antisemitism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jul 18 12:42:26 PDT 2011

On Jul 18, 2011, at 3:33 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Well, as a reader of Pound I've certainly noticed this. But the connection partly depends on the existence of active anti-semitism within the culture from which the political movements emerge.

For sure, but these videos - like The Money Masters, which really made the phones ring during WBAI fundraisers - traffic mainly in a lite anti-semitism. They don't go on about The Jews specifically, but they use a lot of language that evokes classic anti-Semitic rants. Cabals of rootless cosmopolitans, that sort of thing. They never fail to mention the Rothschilds. And they always love the story about the origins of the Fed in the Jekyll Island meeting, which treats the thing as a product of one secret meeting run by a Warburg, rather than something with a history of several decades that was in many ways foundational to the modern American ruling class.

Doug