[lbo-talk] infrastructure

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 00:17:40 PDT 2011

Chuck wrote:

>Yeah I always liked that flat foot LA, it's art so what?

The other day I was reading Mary Woronov's memoirs about her days at Warhol's Factory. She talks about the crew coming to Los Angeles and being ignored. She said their exit was like Napoleon retreating from Russia. She quotes Paul Morrissey as saying in Los Angeles the weather was too good and everyone was on drugs, so no one ever did anything.

Right, if you leave out making a gazillion movies, many of them very good. Hollywood sucks now, but it wasn't always so. And that's just the part everyone knows about. It's just silly to say that in a city as big as Los Angeles, no one is doing anything.