[lbo-talk] methyl idodide on strawberries

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jul 19 13:53:16 PDT 2011

I didn't check the reference, but assuming it's a health issue, I wouldn't opbject to some poison in the berries if they only tasted decent, which they don't. My grandfather planted 20+ acres of strawberries every year. I grew up on plenty of good-tasting strawberries (in Michigan). Southern Illinois berries are/were also excellent. Commercial farming of berries (and other fruit) was suppressed by the cheap water the government gave away in California.

Carrol