[lbo-talk] infrastructure

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 20 17:30:17 PDT 2011

Without a huge and careful collection of empirical evidence, and some sort of error checking, it seems pretty silly to make generalized statements about the occupants of any given area of land, anyplace. I've been complaining about such generalization falmost since the list began. Perhaps it's merely a feature of e-mail lists.

But I am getting really (or as my daughter would have said at 5 or 6, really really really) pissed off at random charges that this, that or the other behavior is phoney or inauthentic. That is almost always -- no, always -- pure horseshit. It brings to mind the most disgraceful thread in the history of this list, the hissy fit about West after the Left Forum.

Carrol