[lbo-talk] William S Lind and Anders Breivik

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 19:50:06 PDT 2011

Breivik apparently quotes from and was much influenced by ideas of William S Lind on Political Correctness and Cultural Marxism.

A succinct and interesting account of Lind's view of the origin of Political Correctness can be found at this site:

http://www.academia.org/the-origins-of-political-correctness/

Lind traces political correctness far back into World War I:

"Political Correctness is cultural Marxism. It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. It is an effort that goes back not to the 1960s and the hippies and the peace movement, but back to World War I. If we compare the basic tenets of Political Correctness with classical Marxism the parallels are very obvious."[

Lind was opposed to the Iraq war. Lind served as a legislative aide for the armed services for Senator Robert Taft, Jr., of Ohio from 1973 through 1976 and held a similar position with Senator Gary Hart of Colorado from 1977 through 1986. He also is has done a lot of commentaries on military matters. He has some interesting things to say about what he calls Fourth Generation wars at this site:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lind/lind3b.html

Cheers, ken