[lbo-talk] Most Unintentionally Hilarious Youtube Comment Ever

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Jul 26 20:03:23 PDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 02:20:40 +0100 (BST) Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> quoted:

> Most of the songs are great on ETK, but it is starting
> to drive me made how much they bang on about 'society'
> in these songs. On ETK, I have counted at least 5 songs
> where they mention society, and it is tiresome."

Humor really doesn't translate, does it?

Actually I'm inclined to agree with the quoted complainer about the tiresomeness of references to 'society', and even with Maggie Thatcher about the illusory quality of this notion.

Trouble was that Maggie replaced it with things that were even more illusory -- namely, individuals and families.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com