[lbo-talk] What About This "Coin Seignoirage" Idea"?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Jul 27 16:36:11 PDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Anthony Kennerson wrote:

> The advantage, proponents say, is that it would get around
> constitutional questions about invoking the 14th Amendment... All
> right, LBO'ers...what sayest thou on that??

I far prefer using the 14th. The case for it is strong, and the president would then be standing on principle and on the constitution -- exactly what you want to be standing on come the whirlwind you'd unleash.

In the coin idea, he'd be standing on a Rube Goldbergian gaming of the rules -- exactly what you don't want to be standing on.

Coign of disadvantage, I'd call it :-)

Michael