[lbo-talk] questions about the working families party

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Jul 30 13:52:58 PDT 2011

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011, Bhaskar Sunkara wrote:

> This isn't true, they've run and won candidates under their own banner.
> Im pretty sure there's still a city council member that's WFP.

That was an extremely unusual case, the exception that proves the rule:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_Families_Party#Electoral_strategy

That said, Leticia James is fabulous. I wish there were more of her. You can see her in action in the documentary The Battle of Brooklyn which is still playing in Brooklyn this weekend.

Michael