[lbo-talk] The deal...

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 21:53:49 PDT 2011

right. the chained CPI.

By all accounts, the chained CPI was part of the $4 trillion deal that House Speaker John Boehner nearly agreed to back in the first week of July. That deal may be dead, but the chained CPI is far from it. The president gave it his imprimatur when he embraced the Gang of Six plan, which included the chained CPI in its proposed $500 billion in immediate savings.

http://inthesetimes.com/article/11767/the_social_security_cut_washington_does_not_want_you_to_understand/