[lbo-talk] Liberals

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Jun 1 07:30:12 PDT 2011

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:18:28 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> > Irrelevantly, it is extraordinary how the mailing-list form
> > fosters quarrels. Doug and I started out *agreeing* about
> > NPR, if memory serves.
>
> Yes. Let's go back to that. I love bonding with NPR-haters.

Agreed. We could sing some nice close harmony on that topic, I bet. Just hearing the pissy, snide, and yet portentous tone of voice in which Robert Seagal says, "And I'm... ROBERT SEAGAL" sets my teeth on edge.

And of course the local affiliate, WNYC, has a bad case of the Zionic Plague. Very very soft on Israel, and a very very dim view of those pesky Palestinians. Don't know if that's equally true elsewhere.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com