[lbo-talk] Liberals

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Jun 1 08:27:57 PDT 2011

On Jun 1, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> Yes. Let's go back to that. I love bonding with NPR-haters.

Oh no! I kind of like NPR (and more so, PBS). I have three podcasts on my iPhone. Two of them are NPR (Leonard Lopate and Brian Lehrer — the latter mostly for the occasionally interesting guest). I do hate that when I used to play Diaraby (Farka Toure / Ry Cooder) my guests exclaim, “Oh that’s the All Things Considered song” (or whatever dratted news/finance programme comes on in the evening) - made me feel all common and shit.

—ravi