[lbo-talk] Liberals

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:08:40 PDT 2011

Doug: " It's the national NPR voices that drive me nuts."

[WS:] Ditto. I stopped listening to NPR when I stopped driving to work (I take transit now so I can read instead being confined to being spoken to) but they were driving me nuts. It was not as much what they were saying, but what they were NOT saying. The selectiveness of their reporting apparently aimed to provide "factual content" to the American morality play and leaving everything else out. If they reported on an issue, only the pro-business, pro-establishment voices were heard - I never heard a voice of, say, a labor union rep. When they reported on a foreign country, they would report only how American they are or want to be and ignore everything else. They were a more insidious propaganda tool than say, Glen Beck's babbling. Beck & Co are obvious clowns to anyone with half a brain, but the NPR looks reasonable to most reasonable people. The devil is not in what they say but in the context in which they do it.

Wojtek