[lbo-talk] The rape of education continues

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jun 1 12:46:02 PDT 2011

Jan tells me the best math class she was ever in was an advanced class in high school taught by a teacher who did not know the subject. So the class had to take over and teach each other as well as the teacher. That would not do as a rule, obviously, but I think an education without a 'seasoning' of really bad teachers is probably an incomplete, stunted education. Two of my college classes had a real incompetent instructor; they were quite wonderful for the interaction among the students that resulted. Again -- not very many such classes, but a few is probably a positive.

Carrol