[lbo-talk] Caroline Fourest: In Praise of Consent

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 15:09:30 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM, c b <cb31450 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> CB: In fact, that in humans which "simply exists" is their biological
>>> or natural selves. Biological sexual intercourse and conception
>>> precede existence. Then the resultant new born babies are completely
>>> natural beings.

^^^^^
> CB: U'll give 'birth" to a new phenomenon: Naturo-phobia. It's
> neo-theology and, of course, an idealism. Nothing is free of human
> imprint.    The Hegelian "Idea" is absolute, or whatever.  Nature is
> the Idea alienating from itself.
>
> Hey, why designate "genetics" as natural.  Nature doesn't exist
> outside of the Mind of God.  Everything is the "Idea", the Absolute
> Idea, God.

Mmmmmmm, someone uses an Aristotelean/Thomist vocabulary to understand embryology and then goes on to mischaracterize the views of a list member who takes Darwin as seriously as anyone on the list as an Hegelian.

We won't even go into the referential problems that have cropped up in the last 15 or so years around the term "gene" or, gasp, "nature."

http://ecologywithoutnature.blogspot.com/