[lbo-talk] Liberals

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Jun 3 01:11:44 PDT 2011

My big problem with English teachers was they were extremely opinionated. If you didn't agree with their opinion of a writer, you flunked. That seemed monsterously unfair and stupid, even evil. They were such assholes about their subject, I just skipped reading anything they wrote.

I am pretty much of the same opinion now. English writers seem mostly stupid opinionated assholes, so I don't bother reading them. English teachers as a class seem like assholes extraordinare. So fuck them as a class. I don't like their writing, I don't like their thinking, I don't like anything about them. They seem to me to be cold, indifferent, and stupid with an extraordinary asshole mentality. Frankly, I loath them in their entirity.

After I took the last requirement in English, I never took another English class in anything I don't like reading them even now. For example, Walter Ben Michaels. I don't care if he makes some good points. He is a jerk. I don't lke either Bloom exactly because they are ultimately jerks. Harold Bloom, who I acturally like on occasion, Allan Bloom whom I hate, nevermind, fuck them all and every one. It's a torment. Mansfield's translation are, judging Machiavelli are beautiful. Nevermind. Fuck Mansfield. I cant explain why I loathe these motherfuckers but I do. American literture only exists as the writing of ordinary people. Which I love to read. And without any trope of thir use of language---just stupid grammarian elite assholes. Johnson and Boswell seem to carry it all into the tolite.

I don't even bother to write coherent critiques. An English critique is bullshit . EOF. Sure I lose some nuance, butt what the fuck do I care.

CG