[lbo-talk] Caroline Fourest: In Praise of Consent

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:11:55 PDT 2011

Eubulides

==================

Mmmmmmm, someone uses an Aristotelean/Thomist vocabulary to understand embryology and then goes on to mischaracterize the views of a list member who takes Darwin as seriously as anyone on the list as an Hegelian.

^^^^^

CB: "Nature" has new non-Aristotelean/Thomist content since Darwin. My comments are quite seriously Darwinian to boot.  R u kidding ?   The Hegelian comments are a joke.  "Anyone on the list" is an exaggeration. I was talking about Carrol and Miles. And by the way, Carrol at least doesn't take Darwin seriously in this discussion Hmmmmmmmmmmmm back at u.

^^^^

We won't even go into the referential problems that have cropped up in the last 15 or so years around the term "gene" or, gasp, "nature."

http://ecologywithoutnature.blogspot.com/

^^^^^^^ CB: We won't go into the problems that have cropped up with the terms "referential problems" in the last century or more.    "Nature" is the least of your problems.     Don't u have referential problems with "ecology" , too ? However u think u get out of the referential problems with "ecology" just use the same method and presto u'll be out of the problems with "nature".    Oh and no , there r not really epistemological problems with "objective reality" , unless u just want to keep spinning around in Kantian confusion and agnosticism and doubt, so that u can do philosophy instead of changing the world. It was Hegel who put this Kantian self-debilitating mental mas...u know to task. Things-in-themselves r knowable by the test of practice, even as all our knowledge is of relative ,not absoulute, true. And See Theses on Feuerbach, especially # 2 http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1845/theses/theses.htm