[lbo-talk] St. Hubert Humphrey

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:49:53 PDT 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/27/opinion/27Perlstein.html

Don't have energy to take this nonsense on, but I remember Humphrey as a 2nd rate hack who supported the Vnam war even in his campaign for President until the final weeks of the campaign. I also remember learning that he cosponsered a bill during Truman-McCarthy era to put commies in concentration camps. I hate to see Humphrey hagiography catching on. Anyone able to provide a link to a article about Humphrey that does not "Saint" him the way Perlstein does? Not the most important thing in the world, but bad history is seldom a good idea.

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow  Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static page: http://www.nohairshirts.com