[lbo-talk] Caroline Fourest: In Praise of Consent

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 11:34:27 PDT 2011

-----Original Message----- From: c b

CB; Ian , this site just has a picture of some bird and the only text is below. Would u summarize the discussion around the term "gene" and gasp "nature" , please. ?

Well I'm not the list librarian but I will point you to chapters "Reductionism and Developmental Molecular Biology" and "Are There Really Informational Genes and Developmental Programs" and the references therein in Alexander Rosenberg's "Darwinian Reductionism: Or, How to Stop Worrying and Love Molecular Biology" [U of Chicago Press, 2006]. There is no easy summary of the arguments involved any more than one could write an easy summary of referential failures surrounding phlogiston or ether.

"Ecology Without Nature" has been brought up before on the list; you can check the archives.