[lbo-talk] Liberals

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:18:36 PDT 2011

I certainly don't know how bad things are. I always assume that things are more or less the same as when I attended California public schools in the 60s and 70s, which it now appears was something of a golden age for public education. No one thought so at the time. When I hear how bad things are now, I find it hard to believe, but the worst tales are often confirmed by experience (i.e., talking to a 25 year-old professional who has no idea when the Vietnam war took place, and who believes that the Civil War occurred in the 1960s.)