[lbo-talk] ending the drug war?

Dissenting Wren dissentingwren at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 18:17:49 PDT 2011

Wolf can be an utter dick, and he didn't get where he is by being heterodox, but he's smart, thinks things through for himself, and says what he thinks.

Sometimes that means he comes out with stuff that breaks with orthodoxies. He also doesn't seem to be very interested in serving as a gatekeeper who keeps heterodox perspectives out. I saw a clip recently where he let Yves Smith nail Larry Summers' hide to the wall with a question that Summers could only answer by blustering irrelevant nonsense.

But why should I have all the fun? Here it is:

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/04/your-humble-blogger-asked-larry-summers-a-question-he-did-not-like.html

----- Original Message ---- From: "123hop at comcast.net" <123hop at comcast.net> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sat, June 4, 2011 7:24:16 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] ending the drug war?

I have to say that I thought hell would freeze over before I read this from Martin Wolf in the Financial Times.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/aae86202-8e10-11e0-bee5-00144feab49a.html#axzz1OHsGxBWS

Prisons too expensive?