[lbo-talk] Liberals

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 6 09:03:08 PDT 2011

On Jun 6, 2011, at 9:40 AM, Wojtek S wrote:

> My wife who teaches at Montgomery County Public
> Schools - which is a Mercedes of public education in the US - says
> pretty much the same thing.

Today's NYT has an article about how RTTT doesn't like Montgomery County's teacher-run peer evaluation system, which weeds out crappy teachers and helps novices become better ones - a program that has worked well for more than a decade - but likes Maryland's non-existent test-driven scheme instead.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/06/education/06oneducation.html

Doug