[lbo-talk] The Skinny on Greece

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 09:28:52 PDT 2011

Dennis R wrote:

> There are tons of other reasons, but I wouldn't discount the factor of
> Imperial suicide. The Empire hates itself, you know. As an American, I
> can feel this self-hatred intensely.

Better, I think, to stick to the "tons of other reasons" you name, rather than engage in this kind of guilt-ridden, handwringing psychobabble.

This is especially unseemly in the case of Greece (or the other "PIIGS" states), where the responsible parties sit in Frankfurt and Berlin.

So stop your self-hating guilt trip already: it is German capital and the German state which is crushing the proletariat of the European periphery under its boot. Read Andreas Wehr, his writings on Greece have been invaluable, I think maybe Yoshie has even translated some of his stuff for MRZine, but if not I volunteer to do so:

http://www.andreas-wehr.eu/