[lbo-talk] The Skinny on Greece

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 16:25:36 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Better, I think, to stick to the "tons of other reasons" you name, rather > than engage in this kind of guilt-ridden,

I am not some Cold War liberal and have zero guilt about the collapse of the Empire. But the culture all around here is deeply suicidal. It's reflected in social policy, in Hollywood, in a thousand other ways.

One of the problems of the US Left is that even the most ordinary people can't imagine living without the Empire. That's a genuine political barrier to change.

-- DRR